I’ve Finally completed my first hand knit sweater!! Eek!
I started it last July from a free pattern I found on the internet. Initially, I got about eight rows in (just about where the picture is in this post, haha!), and was unable to follow the directions so I put it away for a few months until I could make up something that would work. I finished it over my Thanksgiving holiday, but it was way too big for the Lola the Tiny Dog! I accidentally left all of my knitting supplies in Nebraska, and only picked them back up when I was there this February.
The yarn is an acrylic something, I picked it entirely for its color for making pom poms.. And it’s seriously the yarn that lasts forever – I’ve now made this sweater, the pom poms, and started a new project with it and I’m not even running out yet!
I knit the sleeves with needles two sizes down, because I wanted them to be a little more heavy duty since Lola has to go in and out of her little harness twelve times a day. I did do the edging on the same needles as the body so it would match sizes.
I had to frog the edging around the body by about ten rows, she could practically walk out of it before I fixed it! For some reason, the neckline was just still so stretchy even after taking about four inches out from the edging, and since it’s knitted top – down, there was just no way I was taking the entire sweater out again. So I wove some seam binding around the neckline under the edging, and tied it into a bow in front! Which is probably the sloppiest fix around, but A. it works! and B. It Looks So Cute.
She’s the cutest.